A Paraplegic - A Lenten Devotional for March 6th

Please read the scripture from The Message, then meditate on it as if you were a disciple then meditate some more. 
    

     Click here to read today's scripture,  Mark 2:1-12  in The Message.    

Something’s suddenly changed…
I’m still scratching my head…

We come back to Capernaum – crowds are everywhere – Jesus is teaching – 
Then there’s a noise on the roof and pieces start falling – 
and we see the sky – 
and a man I s lowered on a stretcher.
So everyone’s thinking – Jesus will touch the guy – heal him – and get back to teaching.

But NO! Jesus says “Son, I forgive your sins.”
Some of the scholars take exception to that and start muttering – And Jesus says – AS IOF HE KNOWS THEIR VERY THOUGHTS –

Which is simpler to say “I forgive your sins” OR “Get up, take your stretcher and start walking.”?

This takes things to a whole new level!!!
Healing folks is one thing!!! Restoring hope amidst this Roman tyranny!!!
But to forgive sin – everybody knows GOD forgives sin – GOD is stronger than any empire!!!

Does this mean what I think it means???


*This devotion was written by Brenda Clark. 

Comments