Traitor to the Son of Man - Lenten Devotional for March 23rd.

  Please read the scripture from The Message, then meditate on it as if you were a disciple
  then meditate some more. 
    


Click here to read today's scripture, Mark 14:12-21  in The Message.

Finally it’s time for the Passover Meal. Usually it’s an incredibly poignant and spiritual time for me. A time to really get in touch with my Jewish roots and appreciate my heritage. But this year seems anti-climactic with all Jesus’ talk about suffering and his impending murder and the end of the world. None of that sounds like a reason to celebrate to me.

In the middle of the Passover Meal – Jesus interrupts the “script” – the prescribed recitations and psalms – to say one of us twelve would betray hi.

How does he do it? How does Jesus “know”? At least the rest of the disciples don’t “know”. They’re too busy asking Jesus “It’s not me, is it?”

Are the other eleven disciples “blinded” by Jesus? If they want to follow him to suffering and war and earthquakes – they can!!!


I’m not!!! I’ve had enough!!!

*This devotional was written by Brenda Clark

Comments