This is my body - Lenten devotional for Maundy Thursday, March 24th


                   Please read the scripture from The Message, then meditate on it as if you were a                                                      disciple then meditate some more. 
    

   Click here to read today's scripture, Mark 22-31  in The Message.

Well at least the Passover Meal ended uneventfully – we sang the last hymn and walked to the Mount of Olives.

Then Jesus starts in again. “You’re going to feel like your world is falling apart. You’ll scatter. But after I rise, I will go ahead of you to Galilee.”

Peter – God love him – blurts – “Even if everyone else falls to pieces, I won’t!”

Jesus very gently tells Peter “Yes, Peter.  You will deny me.”

Peter gets adamant and says “Even if I have to die I won’t deny you.”  

All the other disciples chime in – saying the same thing as Peter. Personally I think they had a little too much wine at Passover…

We get to the Garden of Gethsemane and – as usual – Jesus and the “three” went away from the rest of us. So we got comfortable and fell asleep. A good meal, good wine and late at night. No better nap time…

But after everyone else was asleep, I slipped away.

*This devotional was written by Brenda Clark

Comments