Saturday - Lenten Devotional for March 26th


Jesus – they did murder you!
Jesus – why didn’t you stop them?
Jesus – why didn’t you stop me?

Sure – I’m the least of the disciples, but I am one of the twelve and I did stick by you for three years…

What have the last three years been for Jesus?
Why did you teach us to heal and cast out demons?

Is that it? Is there a demon in me? Why? Lord? Why did I do what I did? Why didn’t you cast the demon out of me? You could have…

I have nothing to live for…
The disciples will never forgive me…
They won’t even ask me “Why?”  But then – I wouldn’t be able to tell them why…

Jesus - forgive me…
Jesus I didn’t know what I was doing…
Jesus – you forgive sin…
Jesus – forgive me…

I may as well kill myself…
… the disciples won’t forgive me…
… the High Priests used me like a pawn…
…the crowds will just move on to the next teacher…
…I have no family…

God – forgive me.


*This devotional was written by Brenda Clark.

Comments