Easter Sunday



Where am I?
The last thing I remember was hanging myself. And I know it was real! This has NOT all been a bad dream – where I wake up in Gethsemane and it’s still Passover!!!

It’s clean here…
It’s light here…
It’s peaceful here…
It’s “unearthly”…

But it’s not hell either!

Jesus – I see Jesus – He’s walking toward me.

He’s not bloody. He looks healthy. But I watched him die on the cross….

It is Jesus. It’s not a ghost.
I fall to my knees at his feet.
I can’t look up…
Not after what I’ve done…
But Jesus waits patiently until I do look up…

And all I see is love in his eyes!!!
Just like I did so many times on earth!!!
I looked around – just to make sure I was alone with Jesus…
To make sure that look was for me…

Jesus reached out…
I saw the nail holes in his hands…
The ones I put there…
Just as if I had been the one who wielded the hammer that drove those nails…

I put my hand in Jesus’…
And he helped me to my feet…


Jesus said “Your sins are forgiven.”

*This devotional was written by Brenda Clark.

Comments