Annointing Jesus' Head - Lenten Devotional for March 22nd


                     Please read the scripture from The Message, then meditate on it as if you were a disciple
  then meditate some more. 
    

   Click here to read today's scripture, Mark 14:1-11  in The Message.

It’s only two days to the beginning of the eight day Festival of Passover. I thought surely Jesus would lighten up ! Let us enjoy the Passover Festival! Bot No!!!

We’re at supper with lots of folks and some woman comes in with a bottle of anointing oil valued at a year’s wages – and pours it ALL on Jesus! Not a few drops! Not a little for his feet! No! She poured the whole entire bottle on him!!!

Quite a number of us at the supper (myself included) thought that it was an unspeakable waste.

But No – Not Jesus – he appreciated that she “pre-anointed my body for burial”.

I clenched my jaw and bit my tongue through the rest of the supper.

Then I went to the High Priests and told them I would hand over Jesus. If Jesus has a “death wish” – maybe a good scourging will bring him back to reality.


Besides the High Priests will pay handsomely for Jesus.

                                                                              *This devotional is written by Brenda Clark.

Comments