New beginnings - by Rev. Sarah Slack



“For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope.”
Jeremiah 29:11


Today is my birthday.  I see my birthday, though I must admit not every year, as a new beginning.  I have finished another year.  There have been great joys and profound heartaches.  Days filled with too much and days lacking.  Weeks where I felt so accomplished and weeks where I wondered if there would ever be more.  And yet, the year has ended and a new, fresh year of life stands before me. 
I see hope in this new year of life.  I see great possibilities.  I see days filled with laughter and joy.  I imagine big milestones for Rachel and Ruth Ann.  I imagine there will be big milestones for Dave and for me.  I see a future with hope.

The season of Advent reminds us, like our birthdays do, that we have hope.  We have hope in our future.  We have hope for our future.  We have hope “For a child has been born for us, a son given to us; authority rests upon his shoulders; and he is named Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace” (Isaiah 9:6).

Rev.Sarah Slack

Comments