Hope can be Blue - Brenda Clark

Hope can be Blue. This Christmas I am blue. My Mom died two years ago between Christmas and New Year’s. I wasn’t really blue last year. But for whatever reason, this year I am.

My Mom taught me so much good stuff –
    Teamwork - There were seven of us kids and we all       
    worked together and still get along. We look forward to      
    reunions!
    Work first, then you can play - We lived on a farm. There     was plenty of work but there was plenty of play time too         & she played with us!!!
    Save for a rainy day - We all had savings accounts 
    (with $20).
    Tithe - There was a dime for each of us to give  
    each week.
    Sing - from your heart, enjoy it and others will enjoy it too 
               because they see it on your face

Mom not only had a green thumb – or even two green thumbs – she had all ten green digits! For relaxation in the evenings, she would go out and weed the flower beds – and she had lots of them. Unfortunately for me – I did not pay attention to all she knew about plants. Mom had a gift for putting different flower combinations in beds that were amazing. And she used a lot of native plants. If she saw something in the woods on the farm, she would dig it up and put it in a flower bed.

But Mom also planted seeds in the spiritual sense. She always had a kind word, did not hesitate to pray on the spur of the moment and she lived her faith.  That’s how I know she is in Heaven with Jesus right now. And even though I may be blue for a season, I know that someday I will be in Heaven too – and that gives me HOPE! But even more than seeing my Mom again – I will see Jesus – and that is eternal hope – the kind that lasts forever and ever Amen!!!


And that is Hope – but it can be blue for a season.       

Brenda Clark     

Comments