Let me hear Your voice Lord - Lynn Nowlin

Scripture: "For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me."
Jeremiah 29: 11-13

The Lenten Season is a time for us to concentrate on doing as Jesus did during the forty days He spent in the wilderness as He prayed and resisted the temptations satan offered Him. Jesus had to make a decision about following the plan God had for Him to do. So He prayed and talked to God...and listened to what God said to Him.  Then He chose for God's will to be done.

I wanted my relationship with God to grow deeper, so I chose a quiet place to study my Bible and pray so I wouldn't have any distractions. I knew God loved me and wanted me to open my heart and mind when I talked to Him...and then listen for His voice. Prayer should be two-way communication for me to know His plan for my life.  Every day I made decisions and often didn't consult God and ask Him which decision to make for His will to be done in my life. As I was praying one night, after going to bed, these words started coming to me so I got up and wrote them down.  This prayer is in Reading form and came from God through me.  If it touches you ... Praise the Lord!

Let me Hear Your Voice, Lord
Here I am, Lord ... lying in the dark...
Listening to Your voice.
Head spinning with ... a decision I must make...
Please help me make...the right choice.

I open up my heart to You...
I want to do Your will.
Please let me hear ... Your voice ... guiding me...
I'm waiting Lord... so meek and still.

I open my eyes ... to a brand new day...
Beginning it with prayer.
Guide me to hear...what You have to say...
I can face whatever comes...because You are always there.

I lift this new day...up to You...
Please show me what to do.
So as I go through ...another busy day...
let all I meet...not meet me...but You.

Let me hear Your voice...Lord...
Tell me what to say and do.
So when people look at me...they don't see me...
they see You.

Let Your Light shine through me...Lord...
Fill me with so much joy and love.
So You can touch those in need...
By reaching out through me...from above.

Lynn Nowlin

Comments