"I see God's love everywhere" - Lynn Nowlin

I see it in the promise of a brand new day
as the sun comes into view.
In the sparkling blades of grass
covered with morning dew.


I see it in the golden sunshine
of a lazy summer day.
In the brilliant flashes of lightning
when a storm drives the sun away.

I see it in the delicate petals of the flowers
blooming brightly in the sun.
In the eager curiosity of a little child
as he reaches out to touch one.


I see it in the wonderful miracle
of a tiny, perfect baby girl or boy.
In the mother's eyes
filled with love and joy.

I see it in the kindness and comfort that's given
as a mother kisses her little one' tears away.
In the galaxy of stars shining outside the window
as she teaches him to kneel by his bed and pray.

I see it whenever someone reaches out
to help another person in need.
In the picture of a man...nailed to a crude, wooden cross
who suffered so we can have the hope of eternal life, if his words we heed.

What do I see....wherever I look...
whether night or early morn?
What God has lovingly given to every man...in the world he made
and into which he sent his only son to be born.


How can anyone doubt God's abiding presence and love, when his 
creations are all around us to see from vast oceans to mountains tall?
What more proof could there be of his love for us yet, 
how many of us thank him and on our knees humbly fall?

His greatest gift to us ... his beloved son Jesus ...
went to the cross and triumphed over death so man can be forgiven today.
All we have to do is accept him as our savior to claim this gift of salvation ... 
for to heaven ... 
Jesus ... is the only way.

Lynn Nowlin
Copyright 1977, All right reserved

Comments